Trying to find cheaper Dodge Ram insurance in Mobile is always nearly impossible for drivers not familiar with online comparison shopping. People have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become more work than you anticipated to find the perfect company for you.
Unbelievable but true according to a study almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Alabama drivers can save roughly 40% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't know the benefits if they switched.
The goal of this article is to teach you how insurance works and some money-saving tips. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Nevertheless, Alabama vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies price online insurance because rates fluctuate considerably.
Best companies for cheap Dodge Ram insurance in Alabama
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Mobile, AL. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$298||$360||$500||$30||$150||$1,338||$112|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$318||$514||$388||$24||$116||$1,360||$113|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$336||$440||$500||$30||$150||$1,456||$121|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$288||$506||$462||$28||$138||$1,422||$119|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$282||$496||$496||$30||$148||$1,452||$121|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$256||$446||$366||$22||$110||$1,200||$100|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$374||$524||$500||$30||$150||$1,578||$132|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$226||$364||$358||$22||$108||$1,078||$90|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$286||$430||$388||$24||$116||$1,244||$104|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$314||$636||$430||$26||$128||$1,534||$128|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$284||$524||$366||$22||$110||$1,306||$109|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$230||$408||$400||$24||$120||$1,182||$99|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$252||$430||$358||$22||$108||$1,170||$98|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$364||$618||$382||$22||$114||$1,500||$125|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$230||$430||$430||$26||$128||$1,244||$104|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$224||$400||$514||$30||$154||$1,322||$110|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$358||$710||$462||$28||$138||$1,696||$141|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$174||$318||$400||$24||$120||$1,036||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$364||$732||$514||$30||$154||$1,794||$150|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$256||$506||$366||$22||$110||$1,260||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise insurance rates significantly.
Physical damage deductibles
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can change Dodge Ram insurance prices for each different age category. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Mobile
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no set rule of when to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Ram replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually to have full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Score discounts to get cheaper Mobile car insurance quotes
Some insurance providers don't necessarily list all their discounts very well, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Professional Memberships - Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Driver Education Discount - Have your child enroll in driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with some car insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Safety Course Discount - Passing a course teaching defensive driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that's just not realistic.
Popular car insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, multiple policy, safe vehicle, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance may have discounts that include online shopper, Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, renters, and good driver.
- Nationwide offers discounts including anti-theft, business or organization, easy pay, defensive driving, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Mobile auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best Dodge Ram insurance discounts in Alabama, follow this link.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured's situation is different and your car insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Alabama minimum liability coverage?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What are good deductibles for a Dodge Ram?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Mobile insurance agency
Certain consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for small agencies is especially important in Mobile.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Mobile who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork because prices are sent instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of Mobile car insurance agents
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it's a good idea to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Mobile that may be able to provide free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Bayside Insurance Agency
7210 Airport Blvd - Mobile, AL 36608 - (251) 219-7039 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Bailey Agency Inc
3700 K Government Blvd - Mobile, AL 36693 - (251) 660-7878 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Owens Insurance Group LLC
1428 Hillcrest Rd - Mobile, AL 36695 - (251) 633-6363 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Mobile willing to provide rate quotes.
- Barry Sides - State Farm Insurance Agent
3901 Airport Blvd b - Mobile, AL 36608 - (251) 341-1070 - View Map
- Makeda Nichols - State Farm Insurance Agent
2558 Old Shell Rd - Mobile, AL 36607 - (251) 471-1108 - View Map
- Greg Jones - State Farm Insurance Agent
2054 Government St - Mobile, AL 36606 - (251) 470-5050 - View Map
Selecting a insurance agency requires more thought than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Auto insurance advertisements
Big name companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on TV and radio. All the ads make an identical promise about savings if you just switch your policy. How is it plausible that every one can offer you a better deal on Dodge Ram insurance in Mobile? Here is how they do it.
Many companies have an ideal profile for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. A good example of a desirable insured should be a mature driver, has no claims, and does not commute to work. Any driver who fits those characteristics gets the lowest car insurance rates and will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don't measure up to this stringent profile will probably be forced to pay a higher premium and the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you listen closely, the ads state "people that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much money. That's the way companies can truthfully make those statements.
This emphasizes why you really need to get Mobile auto insurance quotes as often as possible. Because without a comparison, you cannot know with any certainty which company will have the best car insurance rates at this point in time.
Find affordable auto insurance prices by comparing often
We just showed you a lot of ways to reduce Dodge Ram insurance prices online in Mobile. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Dodge Ram insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices are with the smaller companies. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Some companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents. Affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Mobile is attainable on the web in addition to many Mobile insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional auto insurance information can be read below: