If you're looking for more affordable insurance on the web, do you get frustrated by the wide range of auto insurance choices in Montgomery? There are so many options that it can easily become hard work to find better prices for Honda CR-V insurance in Montgomery. If you've ever been there, you know that Montgomery is a good city to live in, but high auto insurance rates can make it hard for many drivers to afford good insurance coverage.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Most drivers in Alabama can save $490 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to go online and compare rates.
Car insurance providers offering cheap rate quotes in Alabama
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Alabama. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$196||$354||$300||$18||$90||$958||$80|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$168||$268||$296||$18||$88||$838||$70|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$134||$256||$372||$22||$112||$896||$75|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$250||$422||$300||$18||$90||$1,080||$90|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$192||$268||$296||$18||$88||$862||$72|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$126||$192||$276||$16||$82||$692||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact coverage rates significantly.
Impact of careless driving on Montgomery car insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents can drive up Honda CR-V insurance prices for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Don't overlook these Honda CR-V insurance discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Paperwork-free - Certain insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a house in Montgomery may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Braking Control Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Drivers Education - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck.
For a list of auto insurance companies who offer free Honda CR-V insurance quotes in Montgomery, click this link.
Smart Buyers Can Save Money
Many things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
Shown below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine your prices.
- Deter car thieves - Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- How credit rating affects car insurance premiums - Your credit score factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Honda CR-V by repairing your credit. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Bad drivers pay high rates - Being a careful driver has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Cheaper premiums for being claim-free - Car insurance companies in Alabama award most affordable rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Insurance loss data for a Honda CR-V - Insurers analyze historical claim data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the statistics show to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Honda CR-V vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Honda CR-V Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-V 4dr 2WD 68 81 58 93 86 77 Honda CR-V 4dr 4WD 69 82 69 90 87 78BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Independent and exclusive car insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and also buy local. And buying from local agents is important particularly in Montgomery.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that can give you free Montgomery car insurance quotes for your coverage. You don't have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Montgomery who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Thompson Insurance Inc
3300 Gatsby Ln - Montgomery, AL 36106 - (334) 277-8970 - View Map
- Jim Horne Insurance Agency Inc
3711 Atlanta Hwy - Montgomery, AL 36109 - (334) 244-0600 - View Map
- Robinson Bryant Insurance Agency
1521 Mulberry St - Montgomery, AL 36106 - (334) 356-3638 - View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
The following are Montgomery exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Joe Hall - State Farm Insurance Agent
6940 Vaughn Rd - Montgomery, AL 36116 - (334) 270-2723 - View Map
- Stefan Slade - State Farm Insurance Agent
7742 Atlanta Hwy - Montgomery, AL 36117 - (334) 277-1109 - View Map
- John Vermillion - State Farm Insurance Agent
8319 Crossland Loop - Montgomery, AL 36117 - (334) 819-7260 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Cover all your bases
Some insurance providers do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents. Low-cost Honda CR-V insurance in Montgomery is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Montgomery agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
While you're price shopping online, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below: