Do you want to save money by finding more affordable insurance rates in Birmingham, AL? Birmingham drivers have many options when trying to find the lowest priced Chevy Cruze insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages on a Chevy and obtain the best price possible either online or from Birmingham insurance agents.
A recent insurance study revealed that about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never quoted insurance rates at all. Consumers in Alabama can cut their rates by nearly 40% a year, but they don't believe how much money they would save if they switched.
This article will familiarize you with how car insurance works and some money-saving tips. If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the techniques presented in this article. Consumers just need to use the most efficient way to compare insurance rates online.
Cheapest companies for Chevy Cruze insurance in Alabama
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Alabama. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Don't overlook these Chevy Cruze insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all possible discounts very well, so below is a list some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Military Rewards - Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Driver's Education for Students - Have your child successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few companies offer discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Cruze insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic.
To view auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Alabama, follow this link.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
Lots of things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your rates.
- How credit history affects insurance costs - Having a good credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit rating could use some work, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Cruze by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
- Only buy what you need - There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your Cruze policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, towing, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Expect high rates for teens - More mature drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.Beginning drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher.
- Being married equates to better premiums - Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your insurance policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and it's proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Chevy Cruze insurance claim data - Car insurance companies use claims history to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that historically have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probablilty for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Cruze Models
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents near you
Some people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Birmingham.
By using this short form, your insurance data is sent to companies in Birmingham that give free quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Birmingham auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you want a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agencies can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always include rate quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. They often place coverage with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Birmingham who may provide free auto insurance quotes.
- Hughes Insurance Services Of Alabama
400 Century Park S #106 - Birmingham, AL 35226 - (205) 822-6778 - View Map
- Stewart Financial Partners/ Alabama Insurance Agency
2700 Rogers Dr #106 - Homewood, AL 35209 - (205) 410-3988 - View Map
- Birmingham Alabama Life Insurance
600 Luckie Dr #305 - Birmingham, AL 35223 - (205) 268-5008 - View Map
These type of agents write business for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Birmingham that can give you price quotes.
- Bo Murphy - State Farm Insurance Agent
2030 Gadsden Hwy a - Birmingham, AL 35235 - (205) 661-6305 - View Map
- Claude Houser - State Farm Insurance Agent
1441 Forestdale Blvd #113 - Birmingham, AL 35214 - (205) 798-8446 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Breck Price
470 Riverhill Business Park - Birmingham, AL 35242 - (205) 991-5106 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should depend on more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
After receiving good responses to these questions as well as a affordable price, you may have found an insurance agency that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Quote more to save more
We've covered many tips how you can lower your Chevy Cruze insurance premium rates in Birmingham. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Birmingham car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
The cheapest Chevy Cruze insurance in Birmingham can be bought both online and with local Birmingham insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium, high prices or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company is easier than you think.