Want to learn the secrets to finding the cheapest insurance rates in Auburn, AL? Locating the cheapest insurance for a car in Alabama could be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage on a and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and Auburn agents.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand most larger insurance companies allow for online access to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including your occupation, if you have a valid license, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, and whether you have decent credit. Your information is instantly submitted to multiple companies and you receive quotes immediately.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Auburn.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Alabama. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,298||$649||$108|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$1,226||$613||$102|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,418||$709||$118|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$914||$457||$76|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,012||$506||$84|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$1,006||$503||$84|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,288||$644||$107|
|GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$938||$469||$78|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,142||$571||$95|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$984||$492||$82|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,490||$745||$124|
|Honda Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$784||$392||$65|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$1,170||$585||$98|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$1,276||$638||$106|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,118||$559||$93|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,134||$567||$95|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,024||$512||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Alabama minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Auburn location which can impact premiums significantly.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of car insurance rates for male and female drivers in Auburn. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied on a Ford Fusion SEL AWD.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost in Auburn, buying auto insurance is required in Alabama but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Alabama these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle for a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Alabama is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Reduce your insurance rates with these nine discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before they will apply.
- Bundle and Save - If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few companies give discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. It can save you around 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a new car can save you some money because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Organization Discounts - Being in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when shopping for insurance.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Completing a defensive driving course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Auburn Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Auburn may trigger a policy discount on insurance because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Larger insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, military active duty, federal employee, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver's education, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance may offer discounts for homeowner, good driver, multi-policy, online quote, Switch & Save, safety device, and renters.
- The Hartford discounts include good student, anti-theft, bundle, air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Auburn auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not apply to policies in Auburn.
Auto insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair bills for other people's vehicles, funeral expenses, bail bonds, medical expenses and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Alabama requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Collision coverage covers damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It's also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for doctor visits, ambulance fees, surgery, X-ray expenses and chiropractic care. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle's damage.
Due to the fact that many Alabama drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as theft, rock chips in glass, hitting a deer, fire damage and vandalism. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund and high prices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
The cheapest car insurance in Auburn is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not offer online quoting and these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don't skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in these articles: